Sunday, December 26, 2010

Wedding Countdown

Let me start off by saying that there might not be a wedding.  Currently, I'm braving the Nor'easter in Longmeadow, MA at Jack's house.  We're scheduled to leave tomorrow, but it seems that the weather might have something else in store for us.  I mean, they might as well black out the whole radar map and say "Nice try, travelers."

There's my disclaimer.  We all know the wedding won't go on without its number one most important guest, so let's put it out there in case something goes wrong.  Start making alternate plans, Kris.

A year ago, I was still processing this whole engagement thing.  Remember?  I had known my bedside table longer than Kristin and Ryan knew each other.  He had the AUDACITY to propose to my dear older sister without even MEETING me.  The nerve!

Now I'm so excited for the wedding of the century that I can barely contain myself.  I find myself squealing for no reason, practicing my maid of honor speech when I'm driving (which is dangerous because usually I start crying when I do so), and buying a lot of random presents off of the gift registry to ensure that they don't have to worry about things like not having a full set of matching soup bowls.  To try to calm my mind (and take it off of the blizzard warning), I've decided to make a list of the things I'm most excited about.
  • Just being home.  Can't wait to see all the family.
  • Watching my sister stand around calmly, asking why so many people think it's weird that she wants to eat Aniello's pizza for lunch on her wedding day.  Aren't brides supposed to be stressed out?
  • Watching my mom freak out about how much glitter is coming off of the centerpieces.
  • Watching my brother try to convince everyone that he doesn't have a girlfriend.
  • The open bar.  Duh.
  • Singing during Kristin and Ryan's first dance (yes, I'm still holding out for that).
  • Kristin and Ryan's first dance, because I'm wondering how well those choreography lessons worked out for her.  After her first session, she kept counting "1, 2, 3" to every song she heard.
That's all I can think of now.  Remember, this is all contingent on my safe arrival upstate, so keep your fingers crossed for clear roads and the ability of Jack's snow tires.

1 comment:

  1. Happy New Year!!! Feel blessed to share your love... Good day!!!:)

    ~Kelvin

    ReplyDelete