Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Knowing Better

At 8:00 am: "I know you know better."

At 11:40 am: "Come on! You know better than that."

At 3:40 pm: "He knows better than to act that way."

How many times have you heard someone say that? "You should know better." The more I say it, the more awkward it sounds and the more I think about it, the less it makes sense. When you have to say it out loud, whether it's to yourself or someone else, obviously the person it is directed towards either DOESN'T know better or doesn't really care.

Prime example: when I was 15, I drank vodka out of a water bottle, passed out within an hour, talked about drinking vodka out of a water bottle on AIM, and left the whole conversation in the trash can on our family computer. Should I have known better? Probably. Did it stop me? No way.

I had a point when I started this post, but I'm too tired to make it now. I should know better. Maybe I'll do a Part II on this one as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment