Sunday, February 13, 2011

People Like Me.

This weekend, my roommate banned me from doing anything work or future related. Anything. Apparently I worry a lot about having everything figured out and perfect (I know, I was surprised too). It turned out to be a pretty awesome weekend in spite of my constant urges to search for jobs, update my resume, and write lesson plans.

The best part was our Saturday night date night at one of our favorite places to go from last year that closed and just recently reopened. They took off the best thing on the menu (reopening with that item would've been too good to be true) but other than night it was like we were back in last year.

Except not. We were laughing, and not the kind of laughter that covers up how much you hate your job and think that maybe laughing will make it disappear. I mean REAL laughing. After dinner and two bottles of wine opened by a waiter who had apparently never handled a corkscrew before in his life, we took the party to a bar and proceeded to order two beer towers and continue our real-life laughter (I-like-my-life laughter).

Nights and weekends like this make me want to stay in Charlotte and prance around with restaurants where waiters and waitresses know me, bars where the bartenders can have "my" drink ready for me when they see me walking in. Is this going to be a lasting tradition? Going out with friends and being able to be pretty content? We'll see. After all, we have another date tomorrow night. Yes, a SCHOOL NIGHT. I am so popular.

2 comments:

  1. eeeee, real laughter. i also REALLY laughed at your 75 cents and an E6 later post... -tor

    ReplyDelete
  2. me too! and tomorrow is ANOTHER date on a school night! waahhoooo

    ReplyDelete