Saturday, March 3, 2012

The Hiatus

Blogging isn't quite as soothing when you spend every waking minute reading and writing and trying to avoid even the most stylistic use of the passive voice.  It also doesn't serve much of a purpose when the only funny stories you have either revolve around nerdy law school jokes or the fact that one of your professors wears a fanny pack and uses Lindsay Lohan in all of his hypotheticals on land grants and the law of estates.  I'd like to go back to giving it a try anyway.

It feels like the first time seeing an ex after a break-up, months later with an awkward amount of space to fill with small talk and half-interested nods.  I have't seen this "compose" page of my blog in so long that I almost wasn't sure I was in the right space.  But I'm back, and I guess that's all that matters.

So what small talk do I start with? I guess I could tell you what I've been doing for the past four months.

Read, study, writing assignments, repeat.

That actually sums up everything you need to know, at least about the law school part. 

What about my social life?

I spent last Saturday watching puppy shows on Animal Planet in
between frequent panic attacks about my moot court brief
I guess that picture works for that too.

Be on the lookout for more...

No comments:

Post a Comment