Thursday, November 11, 2010

More Phantom Tollbooth Wisdom

I posted a long time ago about the doldrums of March, doldrums being a term inspired by one of my favorite childhood novels The Phantom Tollbooth.

Recommending it to a friend, it prompted me to look again at my copy of the book (15 years old and smelling as wonderful as all old books smell) and requote my favorite parts.

"You may not see it now, but whatever we learn has a purpose and whatever we do affects everything and everyone else, if even in the tiniest way."

"Remember also, that many places you would like to see are just off the map and many things you want to know are just out of sight or a little beyond your reach.  But someday you'll reach them all, for what you learn today, for no reason at all, will help you discover all the wonderful secrets of tomorrow."

No comments:

Post a Comment