Thursday, May 26, 2011

Now that THAT's out of the way...

The depressing post, I mean. It's been a long time. For some reason I've been completely turned off by the blogging world. I blame the time of year and the situation described below. But my mom threatened to cut off my phone bill if I didn't blog soon, so I figured I HAD to write something. She also told me I needed an attitude adjustment.

Probably true.

My days have consisted of working and forgetting. I "forget" that three kids admitted to peeing on the floor in our class bathroom for a measly Dum Dum sucker (I had to get the truth out of them somehow), then explained that it might be happening because they're standing too far away from the toilet. I "forget" that one of my girls told me her butthole itched then proceeded to stick BOTH hands down her pants to scratch it.

One of my girls, a little redhead, was hanging off the monkey bars today with her shirt around her neck. Baring it all. She didn't hear me screaming pull her shirt up, but just hung there, letting the breeze cool her off. I had to run across the playground to get her to cover up her Janet Jackson-esque wardrobe malfunction. I think she thought it was okay because she had Bandaids covering up her... well, you know. Like if that part was covered she wasn't being inappropriate. I couldn't forget that story because it was too funny. I think we all wish we could be that free still.

Tomorrow, I'm going to try a little harder to stop this whole forgetting thing because as excited as I am to have only ten days left, I know I'm going to miss it. And while the part I'm going to miss only makes up about 10% of my (the other 90% being about testing and school/district administration and kids being brats and bodily fluids), it's the most important 10% of what I do.

More on that sentimental topic later, when the cabin fever of the past nine days has worn off.

No comments:

Post a Comment