Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Appreciation

This week is Teacher Appreciation Week, with the official Teacher Appreciation Day being TODAY. What does this mean? Free chicken sandwiches for teachers at Chick-fil-A, for one thing. It also means an onslaught of gifts from kids ranging from homemade to store-bought to I found this somewhere in my house, put it in a plastic bag, and then gave it to you.

I blogged about awkward teacher gifts at the end of last year when I got (so far) the most random gift ever- a pajama romper. The roll-on gel deodorant and cologne two-pack I got Monday is in a close second... but I have high hopes (It's only Tuesday after all).

For some kids, Teacher Appreciation Week is a year-long things. One of my girls this year has brought me a gift at least once a week since school started. So far, just from her, I have accumulated:
  • A shrink-wrapped toothbrush
  • A Yoplait yogurt
  • Several tracings of Little Mermaid scenes with captions in Spanish
  • A smushed Twinkie
  • A miniature Mickey Mouse snow globe 
  • A Barbie band-aid
  • Three Christmas tree marshmallow mints
I think she has the most potential to beat the romper, but again... still early.

No comments:

Post a Comment