Sunday, February 28, 2010

Identity Crisis

It's Sunday night, so the typical emo-child mood is beginning to set in. Unfortunately, I left the power cord to my computer at school, leaving me to blog via Blackberry and severely hindering my output of semi-cliched and -depressing blabber. Maybe that's for the best.

I'm coming to the realization that what is so hard about this whole experience goes a lot deeper than it being TFA, or the first year teaching. It's about it being my first year out of college and not knowing who I am. For so long, I (along with most other people my age) considered myself a student. It's the first way I identified myself, whether I was identifying with the academic parts of being a student or the less academic parts. Now I don't know how to identify myself. It's like those restaurants that move into old Pizza Huts or IHOPs- it might say "Indian Sunrise Buffet" on the outside, but it doesn't seem to be fooling anyone.

That's about all you'll get out of me tonight because my thumbs are cramping up.

No comments:

Post a Comment