Monday, February 1, 2010

Quickie Before Bed

I loved yoga tonight.  It reminded me of my college volleyball workout... sort of.  Like a yoga-for-volleyball type thing, definitely something my coach would've made us do.  We did a lot of lunges and crunches and planks and stuff, things that are normally worked in there somewhere, but this felt different.  I kept waiting for someone to crack a joke, or have their arms slide out from under them in forearm planks, or begin giggle uncontrollably, probably because that was a typical day at practice.  The reason we were so good at abs was because we were laughing (and snorting, some of us) through it all.  And let me tell you, doing a plank while you're laughing is a hell of a lot harder than when you're not.  Factor in trying to keep your grip on a gym floor that hasn't been cleaned since before pre-season and you've got yourself quite the workout.

I miss that.

No comments:

Post a Comment