Monday, August 24, 2009

I'm *surprise* Calm!!

I don't know what happened to me between yesterday (meltdown city) and today, but I have been super calm and excited and POSITIVE for tomorrow... all day long! I can only attribute it to one thing.

I have a tendency to text and answer phone calls in my sleep, and when people call me out on it I usually refuse to accept that I may not be in the most lucid state... pretty much just like my mom. Last night, when a late night phone call rolled in from a certain someone (my boyfriend), that happened. Normally, I go back and forth between asking how he is and incorporating him into whatever dream I'm having that night ("But why didn't you cook anything? I wanted you to cook something!"). Last night was no different. He called me, wanting to leave an encouraging voicemail (i.e. trying to fend off crazy Sara) but I foiled his plan and answered. The conversation went something like this:

"Hello?"

"I thought you'd be sleeping and I could leave you a nice voicemail."

"Then leave it!"

"But you answered."

"Leave me a voicemail!"

"But you answered."

"Do it! Leave one."

"You're going to be a great teacher, great teacher, great teacher, er, er, er..." (okay so it only echoed weirdly like that in my dream)

I think that's it. The subliminal late night encouragement got me going for a super productive and NOT meltdown stricken day. Let's hope it lasts until tomorrow morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment