Friday, October 15, 2010

Misnomer

I called a Charlotte restaurant today to make a dinner reservations for Jack and me.  They asked me for my last name and I paused.  How many times had I given my own last name and then spent 10 minutes trying to clarify the pronunciation and the spelling?  Too many.  I decided to finally just make it easier and use Jack's last name.

"Abbott," I replied, ready to hang up.

"And the first name?" the hostess asked.

Shit.  Since when do they ask you for the first name too?  I had two choices.  The first choice would be to suddenly deepen my voice and reply "Jack" as if I had just turned into a man.  I opted for the second choice.

"Sara."

"Alright, Ms. Abbott, we have you down for seven o'clock!"

It was fun to explain to my boyfriend why our reservation was under Sara Abbott.  Didn't creep him out at all...

1 comment:

  1. isn't that the name we registered you as on the wedding site?....bahaha

    ReplyDelete