Sunday, March 6, 2011

Stolen by the South

I spent the weekend in a log cabin in Gatlinburg, TN with eight of my friends. Out of everyone there, I was the only Yankee. By a long shot. By this morning, I had developed a penchant for homemade wine, a slight Southern accent, and a longing to buy cowboy boots. Yes, cowboy boots. Did I mention I was in Tennessee?

Ladies and gentlemen, the south is beginning to steal me away.

To all my friends up north, you better come slap me with a Vineyard Vines bag and a Red Sox hat or I'm going to be sucked up by Dixieland forever.

More on this later. Right now I'm too busy dodging the Sunday night panic and avoiding a quarter-life crisis. Pretty typical, I would say.

2 comments:

  1. Just let me know when you're ready to go shopping and take the plunge. You know I'll be there in a jiffy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just now read this and loved it!! We will keep you down here!!!

    ReplyDelete