Thursday, January 28, 2010

Funny Little Anecdote

I started DRA testing my kids today for Teach For America's midyear data requirement.  My little ESL kid from Russia has been doing really well, especially for only speaking English for about 13 months.  He was going for a picture walk in his book today, telling me what he saw as I pored over the rubric, checking things off in my head.  Amidst his very literal interpretations in his cute little accent, he said,

"Blank pieces of paper."

Because, hello, he had gotten to the end of the book where there were no more pictures.  I looked up confused and saw this little smirk on his face while he looked at the back cover.  Clearly, he was very pleased with himself.  I won't lie, I was pretty pleased with him too.  Funny little kid.

No comments:

Post a Comment