Sunday, January 3, 2010

A Really Cheesy Resolution

When my roommate got back from break, bubbly and well-rested, she shared with me her New Year's resolution.  Part I was EXACTLY in line with part of mine- floss every day (I laughed for about ten minutes when she told me this).  Part II was a cheesy and slightly hippy-ish thing to strive for.  As much as I wanted to make fun of her for jumping off a Hallmark card to deliver her resolution, I have to say that it is one that makes sense for any person, whether you care to buy into its wholesome goodness or not.

Find happiness in every day.

Laugh about it a little bit, but then think about it.  How often do you go through the day without acknowledging the million small things that are pretty great?  I'm not going as far as to start a "Joy Journal" or anything like that, but I think the idea deserves a shot.

Today's happiness?  She made homemade lasagna.  Almost forgot to cook the noodles first (minor detail), but in the end it was still delicious.  And I flossed after.

No comments:

Post a Comment